The S.T.A. is a not for profit organization dedicated to providing the highest educational and professional standards for Shiatsu Therapy in British Columbia. The S.T.A.'s Purposes are:
- To establish and monitor standards in professional etiquette.
- To establish and monitor standards in Shiatsu Therapy training and education.
- To establish provincial certification for Shiatsu Therapy.
- To promote our professional status through our educational standards, code of ethics and certification requirements.
- To support members through educational programs and develop continuing education opportunities.
- To educate and enhance the general public's understanding and appreciation of the nature and scope of Shiatsu Therapy.
- To provide a forum for the sharing of knowledge in the field of Shiatsu Therapy, and to foster a spirit of cooperation and communication among its members and other healing communities.